Monday, June 21, 2010

Inspiration: History and Architecture in Verona











I am expecting my Retreat Group here in two days. Thus, I have been preparing lessons on various topics to inspire them with design. We will be doing a walking tour of Verona, to allow them to get their bearings. I took this, so that I could get a preview in advance, and the history is amazing.

Here are some images of buildings in Verona. Verona's history/buildings goes back to the first century A.D. (with the Roman Arena). We will be looking at everything around us as a source of inspiration for texture, color, form, etc.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fantastic!! Hopefully I can go one day...

Anonymous said...

I live so near to italy, well its always a great thing to stay some time there!
Beautyful pics thanks for sharing that!