Sunday, October 4, 2009

New Mexico Visit: Lecture in Santa Fe


This weekend I have been in the Albuquerque/Santa Fe area of New Mexico. I taught two workshops at Ryan’s Sewing Machine on Friday in Albuquerque and had a lovely time with the students in my classes.

Then, on to Santa Fe, one of my top favorite places in the United States. I had Saturday free, so ventured around town. I visited the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum to view not only her art, but photographs of her and by her husband Alfred Stieglitz, and other photographers.

Today I presented a lecture for the Santa Fe Textile Arts Alliance. My topic was The Foibles of Fashion. In other words, I talked about all the strange quirks and happenings related to fashion through history. I had wanted to research this topic for years, and this lecture gave me the opportunity to make the time to do it. I enjoyed my research, and enjoyed presenting it to textile and fashion enthusiasts. Thanks to the Alliance for inviting me.


As many of you know, I love to walk the streets at night to photograph the window displays. Here you can see several images of wonderful southwestern-style or art clothing. Some pieces are traditional southwest, some are modern southwest, and some are art wearables.






Lastly, here is a shot of one side of the main square in Santa Fe. Local Indians come in and lay out their craft for tourist to view and/or purchase.

No comments: