Sunday, October 18, 2009

Mesa College Student Projects.... the First Dress


This weekend I have been busy grading "little girl's dresses". Yes, that's right. I'm teaching Clothing Construction this semester, and my students just completed their first sewing project: a little girl's dress.

The project teaches them a variety of skills, using both industry and fine-sewing techniques. Nearly thirty students have sewn these dresses, and are they adorable?
Here you see some of the class, holding up their projects.


Now you can see my assembly line grading... I line up all the dresses, by hanging them on a broom stick between two chairs. Then, I can easily look at all the dresses if I want, as I examine each and every one. I wish my first sewing project looked so good!


Here is a close-ups of a few of the dresses.

No comments: