Monday, October 26, 2009

Done #2: Handknit Sweater


OK.. I'm on a roll. I dug through my hall closet and pulled out all the UFO's (unfinished objects). Most are sweaters, in progress, and most simply need the final finishing. I tend to keep all my projects in tote bags. That way, all things are together, and when I take a car trip, it is easy to quickly grab a project to work on.

So, here is Done#2.


This is a simple rectangular-based sweater. I knit it out of a yarn I picked up in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.

Essentially the sweater is a rectangle, knit side to side. I cast-on, knit across a front, and until I hit the armhole, then, cast off and shaped an armhole, knit a couple of rows, then cast-on and shaped the other side of the armhole. Then, on to the back, create another armhole, and then come to the front.

The sleeves are slightly bell shaped, and I created a little drawstring to cinch them in.

Of course, I made the pattern in Garment Designer, to simplify my life, and to facilitate the shaping of a set-in sleeve. I used copper buttons to finish the asymmetrical wrap, and attach to the ties on each sleeve.

Thanks to Cassandra for modeling!

No comments: