Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Music - Italian Style

Music is a big part of my life, and when I travel I love to sample as much of it as possible.

Here is a sampling of some of the music I was able to listen to while in
Verona..

Chamber Music
I got to sit in the front row, and it was so amazing to see more of the subtlties of the musicians.. the foot tapping, the breathing, the passion..


This musicians of this group from Venice stood while they played. There was no conductor, per se. Rather, the lead and solist violinist took charge. The harpsichord was wonderful. I felt transplanted in time.

This young woman below was an amazing pianist. I could not believe the strength in her hands.

Experiencing jazz in a piano bar was great fun.

Here is a new and upcoming musician... Guido. He is taking piano lessons from one of the jazz players (above), and sat down to entertain the clients of the piano bar during a break. He is twelve and very cleaver, and enjoyed practicing his English with me.

No comments: