Wednesday, March 25, 2020

ToDo/NewDo: Patricia Martin's Custom Dress Form

A Dress Form that is 'Me'! 

Patricia Martin, San Luis Obispo, California

Patricia says:

I have been in the studio without distraction this week so I worked on a personal project. It benefits no one but me. A dress form that is me.

I used a variety of resources to create the shell over the old dress form.

The body was inspired by the my.blueprint video by Judy Jackson. The pattern I used was Simplicity 8258.
The sleeves were developed using the Kenneth Kings article in the latest Threads magazine (thank you Kenneth).  (May 2020, page 62).

My comments:
It is interesting the body image we have in our heads and what it is when we see it removed from the self. This was a project I have felt the need to do for some time. It will help me with some designing I have planned for the handwoven fabrics I create and to check my Garment Designer patterns ease. 
Some resources:




A little bit on Patricia
Patricia is a hand weaver/fiber artist from San Luis Obispo, California. She owns and operates Whispering Vistas Studio. She has an MFA from Long Beach State University with a concentration in Fiber.
Patricia teaches weaving her in studio and exhibits her woven works in galleries and art exhibits.

Example of Patricia's weaving

Instagram: Patwove 

No comments: