Friday, March 20, 2020

NewDo Project: Crochet Top by Kathleen Heafey

Crochet Sleeveless Top

by Kathleen Heafey, Berkeley, California

I recently met Kathleen at Stitches West in Santa Clara. She purchased Garment Designer and immediately went home and had a garment going within a day. I love that! 

Kathleen shares this crochet top with us as her "NewDo".


Garment Details:

I did the garment as a semi-fitted top, sleeveless, round neck with some adjustments to the sloper in the shoulder area to accommodate my narrow shoulders. I also slightly adjusted the shape of the neck. This was my first attempt with Garment Designer and I love using the program! So much flexibility and the shaping instructions for crocheting were very accurate based on my stitch count.

Yarn:
Katia 50% silk 50% cotton blend. ( I believe it’s discontinued)
I crocheted the seed stitch for the body and added the bobbles. I did the neck, arm and bottom edging separately in a V stitch. 





About Me:
I have a small business in Berkeley, California called Woven Grey. I design and make a line of cotton storage baskets and am carried in shops throughout the country. I started crocheting a few years ago and have been trying to design original patterns with the intent to eventually publish my designs.

Kathleen Heafey
hello@wovengrey.com
www.wovengrey.com
510-735-1413 (cell)

No comments: