Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My New Challenge


I am pushing a little with this one. This is not a textile or yarn. Rather, it is a musical instrument that I have been eyeing for awhile.

So...
Meet my new bright red concertina. According to Wikipedia, "the word concertina refers to a family of hand-held bellows-driven free reed instruments".
Mine is in the key of C, and I have to move the bellows in and out (at the appropriate time) and press the keys that I want (at the appropriate time). It is not as straight forward as one thinks, and so, I will be spending a little time each evening for the next while, learning to get a few tunes out of my little friend.

This IS a stretch of creativity for me, just in a different direction. Who would like to help me name this new baby?

1 comment:

Anne Edwards said...

Susan, It's Annie!
Your number must have changed?
Anyway wanted to send you to my latest efforts in knitting!http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/ANNE-RICHARDSON-COLLECTION/99033137308?v=photos&viewas=593298848
Best, Annie.