Monday, July 13, 2009


Menegazzi Tessuti
Via Tazzoli Don Enrico, 14
37121 Verona (VR), Italy
+39 045 596780
menegazzitess@lliber.it

If you love fabrics and you like to travel, then you will need to know about this store, which is located near Piazza Bra in Verona, Italy.

I had walked by the store on numerous occasions, but typically at lunchtime, or in the evening, when it was closed. I think I may have managed to do this to avoid the temptation of adding more fabric to my already large collection. However, now that I have been in the store, I know that it will be an early stop on the next trip, and I am already planning the garments to make.

Menegazzi Tessuti carries high-quality fabrics. Tessuti means “textile’ in Italian. The store has been in business for 120 years, and it is now in its fourth generation. Meet Paola on the left (the fourth generation), and her assistant Monica, on the right.

In the store you will find fabrics from major Italian designers such as Etro, Versace, Valentino, Missoni, Ungaro, and more. Below you are seeing a Missoni (left) and Valentino (right) fabrics.


Some other samplings of what you will find in Menegazzi Tessuti.




It is a must-stop for fabric people!

No comments: