Saturday, September 19, 2015

A great surprise... Silk in the River

If you had asked me, what would you like to see in Japan (related to textiles), I would have told you... I would like to see fabrics in the rivers, which was part of the steps of fabric production in historic times.

So, imagine my delight yesterday, when we were walking along a river path, going towards the Philosopher's Walk, when we came across the scene you see below.





I believe fabrics being placed in the river was part of the festivities going on in town.
Below is a poster (in Japanese) which is probably giving the historical significance. Sorry for the reflection... you can see my image covering up the photos somewhat.. didn't catch that.

Posted Information on the Silk Process (sorry about my reflection in the shot)





No comments: