Monday, August 9, 2010

A Couture Pooh Bear Top


I just love when Garment Designer software users share their projects with me. A few days ago, I received an email and an image from Mary Jane Svenson. It warmed my heart to read her story, so I wanted to share it with those who read this blog.

Thanks Mary Jane for giving permission.. Here is what she emailed:

I returned from HGA where I purchased Garment Designer after taking the workshop and have been reading my manual with highlighter in hand! This Sat. morning my Grandson brought his bear to me and asked me to make him a shirt. We measured him together and I made a sloper and then a shirt pattern. While he attended a soccer game I cut it out and sewed it up on my serger. I sent him a picture of Pooh bear on his Dad's phone. He was so excited to get "such a perfect shirt" for his bear. The software is incredible! Mary Jane


Now.. for the fun of it, I thought you might like to see what Pooh Bear's measurements are:



and here is an image of one of the pattern pieces of the shirt!!


thanks again Mary Jane for sharing such a precious story!
Susan

1 comment:

Star said...

Heartwarming experience and memories. Thanks!