Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happiness is....


I have decided that I am happiest when I am creating something. Look at the time, it is midnight, and I'm not even tired (which I will pay for in the morning when I have to get up to get to work).

I have been working on multiple creative projects. Most currently, I am juggling between a few;
1. Creating a skirt for the Instructor's Exhibit at Convergence, an International Weaving/Dyeing/Spinning and Fiberarts conference that takes place in late July 2010.
2. Developing patterns for garments for a Design Challenge I am involved in (for the same show). I have been paired with a weaver (I am the designer), and together we are creating the fabric and garments using yarn that was provided. I cannot post or talk about the details, as this is a "top-secret" challenge, and all things are to be kept under wraps.
3. Writing an article for Threads magazine. This involves sewing and testing ideas I have viewed on ready-to-wear clothing in store windows.

Tonight I worked on a pattern using Garment Designer, and listened to Beethoven's Fifth Piano Concerto, and his Fifth Symphony. It doesn't get much better than that.

1 comment:

Janine Free said...

Hi Susan. I am a friend of Victoria Calhoun and she thought you might be interested in the "Art Meets Fashion" project that the San Diego Visual Arts Network is organizing. The deadline for application is May 15th. Here is the link:
http://www.sdvisualarts.net/sdvan_new/AMF.php
You seem to be a perfect candidate if interested. Let me know.
Janine Free janinefree@gmail.com